Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very simple pork chop casserole that Mom used to make. The recipe I have from her has no amounts on it, so I estimated what I use.
- 2 pork chops (your preference with or without bone)
- 1 baking potato
- 1 onion
- bacon grease, crisco, olive oil or Pam cooking spray, for browining
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Heat a skillet with grease, oil, or crisco if using. Lightly brown the chops.
- While the chops are browning, peel and slice the potatoes and put on to boil. Cook about 5 minutes, just so they are not real hard.
- Drain potatoes. Pour into greased round casserole dish. Slice onions on top of the potatoes. You can add a Tbsp or so of water or dot with butter. Add salt and pepper. Top with chops.
- Cover and bake at 325 about 30 to 40 minutes.
Wow, what a great comfort dish. We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make dish. It had a lovely flavor and great textures. I didn't have any pork chops, so I cut up a tenderloin, it worked well in this dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe GibbyLou, made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.