Top Review by cpenner
This is a wonderfully simple yet tasty recipe. I've made it several times -- it's perfect when I want to get supper on the table in a hurry. I use any kind of potatoes, not necessarily red. I peel them and cut them in thin slices. I use a bit of broth instead of the oil, because I'm trying to limit my fat intake. I don't use the bell pepper, and I add a bit of salt and pepper.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut up
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup diced roasted bell pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and cook 10 minutes or until well-browned.
- Remove chops.
- Add potatoes, onion and oregano.
- Cook five minutes or until browned-stirring occasionally.
- Add chops, chicken broth and peppers.
- Heat to boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done.
- Serves 4.