Recipe by mommyoffour
This is one of those packets you throw on the grill and voila supper is all done in one shot. I love these. I have also tried different types of box potatoes for this but end up coming back to the augratin. We like to make these camping.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 1⁄2 ounces au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces sliced carrots, drained
- 4 pork chops
- 5 1⁄3 ounces evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear off 4 pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil abut 24 inches long.
- Fold in half, shiny sides inches.
- Lightly butter center of foil.
- Place some of the potato slices and carrots on each piece; top with chops.
- Wrap loosely around meat and vegetbles, using tight double or triple folds.
- Seal one end, again using tight folds.
- Leave other end open.
- Combine water, milk and seasoning mix; pour into open end of pockets and seal with tight double folds.
- Place on grill over hot coals; grill 40 to 50 minutes, turning frequently until chops are cooked and potatoes are tender.