Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is courtesy of "30 Minute Meals" with Rachel Ray. Looked really good. And who doesn't want a quick meal on a busy night. As some of you may know, she likes things spicy. I posted this recipe as is, but feel free to adjust the spice level to your liking.
- 4 pork chops, 1 1/2 inch thick, bone in
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir it around to flavor the oil.
- Add in the chops and caramelize on both sides, 2 - 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chops to a plate and reserve.
- Stir in the fennel seeds, onions, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the stock and combine well.
- Slide the chops back into the pan, cover and simmer to finish cooking the chops, about 5 - 6 minutes.
I tried this recipe exactly as is it is yummy!!! My family loved it we actually tried it after watching the show on food network I cooked the sauce just a little longer to allow it to thicken before adding the chops. We had them with the carmelized onion penne.