Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The original recipe called for plain pork chops, but I have always used smoked chops. One of our family favorites. Great served with rice.
- 6 large pork chops
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (, canned is fine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chops with salt and pepper'to taste'.
- Dredge in flour.
- In large skillet, brown in butter.
- Place in lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish and cover with drippings.
- Top with soup and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
I used 4 large pork loin chops, they were lovely and tender.The soup makes a delicious gravy, served the chops with creamy mashed potatoes and some French green beans. yum!
Very good. Used 3 large, boneless loin chops (not smoked), and made all the gravy. Wasn't sure what to do with the paprika, so I sprinkled it on top of the parmesan. I browned my pork till it got nice, brown and crispy, yum! Served with rice (and the gravy) and green beans. My girls (4 and 2)really liked it too!
Oooh this is definitely 5-star good! I used the thick boneless(not smoked) pork chops so had to brown & cook them longer. I doubled the sauce and served over rice. Excellent flavor! Even my husband (who thinks he hates cream of mushroom soup) raved! I have smoked pork chops on my grocery list to try next week. Thanks for sharing this!