Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is from the archives of the Del Monte (dried prune) test kitchens. I have not tried it out yet, but it sounds so rich and delicious!
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick,center cut
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 12 dried pitted prunes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the pork chops in a skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup of the wine and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- While the chops are simmering, place the prunes and the remaining wine in an ovenproof dish and bake in 300°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Once done, remove the pork chops from the skillet and add the heavy cream and current jelly to the hot skillet.
- Coook quickly, over high heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thick and shiny.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops and garnish with the baked prunes in wine.