Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low carb and easy!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (5 ounce) pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄3 cup well drained sauerkraut
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- Preheat broiler Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Separate onion slices into rings; add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1 teaspoon paprika, garlic salt and pepper over both sides of pork chops.
- Place chops on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil, 4 to 5 inches from heat source, 5 minutes.
- Turn; broil 4 to 5 minutes until chops are barely pink in center.
- Combine cooked onion with sauerkraut, sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika; mix well.
- Garnish chops with onion mixture, or spread onion mixture over chops and return to broiler.
- Broil just until hot, about 1 minute.
This was so yummy! I doubled the amount of sauerkraut and sour cream ( I really love sauerkraut) and cooked my pork chops a little longer because they were thick. Otherwise I made as directed. We all gobbled this up! Thanks for the recipe!