Recipe by Lorac
A bit of sauerkraut adds a wonderfully unique flavor to this quick and easy to make version of Paprikash Pork.
Top Review by alsteve
My husband and I ate these, but were not crazy about them at all. Real dry, not very flavourful, and the sauce is very gritty. If you do try these make sure to use lots of onions to get a better taste!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 (5 1/2 ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup rinsed and drained sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet, brown chops over high heat about 2 minutes per side, reduce heat, cover and cook another 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add onions to the skillet, and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned.
- Stir in the paprika, garlic, pepper and sauerkraut, reduce the heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook 2 minutes on low.
- Top the pork chops with the onion-sauerkraut mixture and serve.