Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A bit of sauerkraut adds a wonderfully unique flavor to this quick and easy to make version of Paprikash Pork.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, brown chops over high heat about 2 minutes per side, reduce heat, cover and cook another 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add onions to the skillet, and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned.
- Stir in the paprika, garlic, pepper and sauerkraut, reduce the heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook 2 minutes on low.
- Top the pork chops with the onion-sauerkraut mixture and serve.
My husband and I ate these, but were not crazy about them at all. Real dry, not very flavourful, and the sauce is very gritty. If you do try these make sure to use lots of onions to get a better taste!!
I made this slightly differently to Loracs suggestion. I browned the chops, then put the browned onion and saurkraut and spices over them and oven baked them for 1 1/4 hours. Then I removed them and added the sour cream. They were very good like this. I had no garlic powder, so used real garlic, and I added 1 teaspoon of carraway seeds when I baked the chops.