Recipe by Laura O.
This is a very good pork chop and rice recipe considering its simple ingredients. It's from Better Homes and Gardens Best-Loved Community Recipes. You are supposed to use bone-in chops, but I use boneless ones.
- 6 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned Italian tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim any visible fat from the chops.
- Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Brown the pork chops, 3 at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the broth and rice to a boil.
- Stir in the tomatoes, green peppers, and green onions.
- Pour the mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Arrange the chops on top of the rice mixture so the chops are not touching.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour and 35 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, until the chops are cooked and the rice is tender.