Recipe by Lorac
Serve this with crusty Italian bread to soak up the sauce.
Top Review by *Petunia*
The chops were good. The sauce was watery though and I didn't even add the hot water as called for in the recipe. I didn't drain the tomatoes, but it didn't say to either. Maybe next time I should or maybe simmer it longer?
- 4 -6 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil on High, add chops, brown well on both sides and remove.
- Add carrot, celery, onion and garlic, reduce heat to Medium, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add wine, increase heat to High and cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, cover reduce heat to Medium-Low and cook 10 minutes.
- Return chops to the skillet, push down into the sauce, cover and simmer on Low 15 minutes.
- Remove chops to a serving platter.
- Place 1/2 the sauce in a blender or processor, process until smooth, return to the pan, stir adding 1/4-1/2 cup hot water if needed to thin sauce.
- Pour over the chops and sprinkle with parsley.