1/5 Photos of Pork Chops or Pork Ribs With Apricot Pineapple Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Meat is browned with fat drained. Ribs are cut in 2 or 3 rib pieces The sauce is poured over and the meat is baked . Everything can be made ahead of time, refrigerated and then baked. I like to use pork chops but any type of chop can be used, venison, elk, buffalo or beef round steak cut in serving pieces. Grilled pineapple can be served as a side dish with rice or noodles or mashed potatoes. The recipe started from using pineapple juice thickened with cornstarch and soaked dried apricots; years ago there was not combination preserves to the present recipe posted.Photos show pork chops, steak and maui maui fish. It is delicious with all meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork chops (approximately 6 chops) or 2 lbs pork ribs, cut in serving sizes
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1Mix the rub in a small bowl.
- 2Rub it in the meat on both sides and set aside.
- 3If the meat used does not have fat, heat two tablespoons of oil in a large fry pan.
- 4Lightly brown the meat.
- 5Place in a greased overproof dish or pan with lid.
- 6Saute the white sliced onions and set aside.
- 7Mix the sauce ingredients and add the one remaining tblsp of oil in a saucepan and heat until the sauce starts to simmer. Stir, turn low and taste. Add more hot sauce if desired.
- 8Preheat oven 350*.
- 9Pour sauce over chops or ribs, turning them to cover with sauce.
- 10Pour onions over the meat.
- 12You may use foil for a cover if desired.
- 13Cook for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops or Pork Ribs With Apricot Pineapple Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.8
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 666.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: