Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I came up with this recipe by combining 3 other recipes and adapting it for the slow cooker.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup converted white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 6 ounces water chestnuts, canned (sliced)
- 8 ounces canned peas, drained
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops on both sides.
- Lightly spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place brown and white rice, onion, butter, peas, water chestnuts, and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Pour in water, broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in onion soup mix, season with pepper, and top with pork chops.
- Cover, and cook on high setting for 4-5 hours.