Cook1 hr 30 mins
I make this for my family on a regular basis. It has a wonderful flavor and the pork chops are always tender! I found the recipe in a Taste of Home Magazine .
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a greased 13X9X2-inch baking dish, combine rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix well.
- Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 1-½ hours.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven, until cheese is melted.
My husband is an extremely picky eater, he told me this was a definate keeper and I must agree. The pork chops were moist and tasty and the rice was an excellent finish.
We thought this was a terrific pork chop casserole. Easy to make. The rice really soaked up the taco seasoning and had great flavor. I used about 1 cup of cheese on top. Thanks Kim D.
Very good chops. And easy to make. Thanks!