Recipe by Kim D.
I make this for my family on a regular basis. It has a wonderful flavor and the pork chops are always tender! I found the recipe in a Taste of Home Magazine .
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- seasoning salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a greased 13X9X2-inch baking dish, combine rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix well.
- Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 1-½ hours.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven, until cheese is melted.