Recipe by Mysterygirl
I think this is another one of those recipes that comes off of the back of some product. Good flavor and easy to put together. O'Brien potatoes are those chunky hash browns with the onions & peppers in them.
Top Review by Leta
This is a really good one dish dinner, easy to make and warm and creamy. The pork chops come out really moist and tender. I would serve it with a salad on the side or maybe some lightly steamed broccoli for texture. Purely on personal preference, next time I would use Cream of Chicken soup, as the celery was a bit much in the potatoes for my taste. I would also uncover the dish about 25 minutes into the baking time and cook uncovered that additional 10 minutes before adding the cheese to allow the potatoes to set up a little more. Overall a very good Sunday dinner.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops
- seasoning salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) package O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen onion rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry or bake onion rings until extra crispy.
- Cool and finely chop; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil, brown pork chops and drain.
- Sprinkle chops with seasoned salt and set aside.
- In large bowl combine soup, milk, sour cream, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, chopped onions and half of the chopped onion Rings.
- Spoon mixture into 9x13-inch dish.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Bake covered for 35 to 40 minutes until chops are done.
- Top with cheese and remaining chopped onion rings.
- Bake 5 minutes.