Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
my mother used to make this all the time while i was growing up, it is delicious, and puts a twist to pork chops!!
- 6 pork chops
- seasoning salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (24 ounce) package O'Brien potatoes, frozen
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Brown pork chops lightly, sprinkle with seasoned salt, set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, sour cream, pepper, 1/2 t seasoned salt, stir in potatoes, 1/2 c chedar cheese, 1/2 can french fried onions.
- Put in bottom of 9x13 baking dish, place pork chops over mixture, place in oven, bake covered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, place rest of cheese and french fried onions, bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
Very easy to make and really tastes good. I had to cook about 20 minutes longer than the recipe says, but maybe the chops I used were too thick. Anyway, I recommend this dish.
I wasn't impressed with this at all. I used thin-cut pork chops & they still weren't as tender as I had hoped. The potatoes didn't have much flavor except for the peppers & I didn't care for that either. Guess I expected more from this...doubt if I'd make it again. Sorry!
Delicious!!! My family loves this and it is easy to make. The only difference I made was I cut up my own potatoes, onions, and green and red peppers instead of buying potatoes o'brein in the freezer section ( I already had everything on hand,so it was just easier that way). Great dish; a must try! Thanks for posting! :)