Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a one pot meal.
- 6 pork loin chops, trimmed (4 ounces each)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove minced garlic or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 sliced onion
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Brown pork chops; drain fat.
- You can skip this step if time doesn't permit.
- In slow cooker, add soup, chicken broth, thyme, garlic, pepper, onions and potatoes.
- Stirring to coat.
- Place browned pork chops on top of potato mixture.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
We love this recipe! I have made this several times and am making it tonight! The pork chops always fall apart, they are so tender! And the mustard sauce is wonderful! YUM!
Very simple to make and absolutely delicious! I cut the potatoes into 1/4" slices and they turned out great. Thanks for sharing!
I've been making this recipe for several years now--Oh my! It's one of my family's very favorite recipes! A fine example of comfort food. I always skip the step of browning the chops first... they brown enough for us as they cook (although I suppose that might not be the case for all slow cookers, so you'd have to try it once to see for yourself). I'm perplexed about the comment by one reviewer that the potatoes were in a "very thin, soupy mess" and that she'd leave out the water if she made it again. There is *no* added water in this recipe... perhaps she mistakenly diluted the soup? (You use the condensed soup "as is", straight from the can.) Anyway, all to whom I have served this have enjoyed it. The pork chops and potatoes are tender, the sauce is creamy and very tasty. Try it! You'll like it! :D