Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This scrumptious chicken dish came from my Cooking for 2 magazine. It is from an article about dinner for guests. It is easily scaled down if it's just you and another person or you want to do some OAMC stuff. Catch those chops on sale like I do and hit the kitchen!
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup chili sauce (sub cocktail sauce if you don't have chili sauce)
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat the oil over med-low heat in a large skillet. Place the chops in the skillet and top with the onions. Place a lid on the skillet but do not cover completely. Cook until about 2/3 done.
- While the chops cook, stir together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the meat and replace the lid leaving it cracked to allow excess steam to escape as before.
- Cook until juices run clear and the sauce becomes a bit thicker like a glaze. Serve with long-grain rice.
- NOTE: The original recipe was cooked in a microwave. Here are those directions. Place the pork chops in an 11x9 glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray; top with onions. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chops. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. I don't know that I would cook these chops in the microwave for fear they'd be tough.
Absolutely the best tasting pork chops for the few items needed to make this recipe. I had picky eaters over and even they had seconds! I had run out of steam when making these so, I just browned my chops and threw them in my pressure cooker which killed the sauce but, the chops got all the flavor. I will be making these again but, I plan to bake them. Definitely going to be a regular dinner in my house... Thanks!
This is hands down one of the best pork dishes that I have ever had in my life! The sauce was sweet and tangy and the chops really absorbed it. I was in a hurry so I cooked it over Medium heat and the chops dried out a little. Next time I will make sure that I have enough time to slow cook it and really get the full effect of this recipe. I'm so glad you posted this recipe and you are still greatly missed.
This was very tasty. Hubby wants pineapple chunks added in next time.