I have one word for this dish--wow! It's so quick and easy to get to the table, but the flavor is amazing. The pork stays nice and moist,and is even better the second day. I like this with yellow rice and refried beans on the side. Don't let the chocolate throw you if you've never had mole sauce. It's such a small amount, and it doesn't make it sweet, it just adds a deeper, richer flavor to the sauce. From Cooking Light. A side note on the cilantro, if you don't like the flavor of it, you can leave it out. Or I've found that dried cilantro is much milder than fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, each approx 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, strips
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 minced and seeded jalapeno
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medum high heat.
- 2Cook the chops for about 4 minutes on each side, till browned.
- 3Remove chops from pan.
- 4Add the water to the pan, and scrape up all the good stuff.
- 5Pour the water over the chops, and set aside.
- 6Put pan back on burner, and add a bit of oil if you need to.
- 7Add onion, bell and jalapeno peppers.
- 8Cook for 4 minutes.
- 9Stir in tomatoes, cook for 1 more minute.
- 10Stir in chocolate and next 4 ingredients.
- 11Add chops and water mixture back to the pan, bring to a boil.
- 12Sprinkle with cilantro, cover, reduce heat to med-low, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops Mole
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.8
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 416.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with onion and garlic