Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty type of gourmet, thirty minute meal. Serve with rice and a side salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup merlot
- In skillet, heat oil and butter; add pork chops browning well on both sides.
- Add vinegar, rosemary, and pepper.
- reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove pork; keep warm.
- Add wine to pan; heat until sauce is syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over pork chops when serving.
We liked it but didn't love it. I added salt and garlic to the chops before browning. I loved the color of the sauce.
This made a great dinner!! I served it with garlic cheese mashed potatoes.
This was so nice! I did use a shiraz instead of a merlot (we didn't finish the shiraz the night before). IT made a lovely sauce which was reminscent of a port sauce I have had before.