1/2 Photos of Pork Chops Marsala
I got this recipe out Cooking Light. We found it delightful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (about 1/2 in. thick)
- 1/3 cup minced shallot (about 2)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place a 1/4 cup flour in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- 2Add shallots, garlic, and mushroooms to pan; saute 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates. Add remaining 2 tblsp. flour and thyme to pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring well. Combine chicken broth and Marsala, stirring until smooth. Gradually add broth mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 3Return pork to pan; cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Serve with mashed potatoes. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 390.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 34.8 g