Sassy in da South's Note:
I love the mixture of several types of mushrooms in this recipe. This marsala is a little different from the typical marsala using a dry marsala wine. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 center cut boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch long green onion, chopped
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1In a small bowl mix the parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 2In another bowl beat the eggs and the milk together.
- 3Dredge the chops in the egg then the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Fry the chops in the oil and butter until done, around 5 minutes on each side.
- 5Set the chops aside and keep warm while making the sauce.
- 6Sauté the chopped onions and mushrooms for 3 minutes until tender.
- 7Stir in the flour then add the Marsala and beef stock.
- 8Cook until slightly thickened.
- 9Season with a little more salt and pepper.
- 10Plate the Pork Chops Marsala and top with the mushroom sauce and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.7
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 184.8 mg
- Sodium 765.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 50.0 g