Recipe by Sassy in da South
I love the mixture of several types of mushrooms in this recipe. This marsala is a little different from the typical marsala using a dry marsala wine. Enjoy!
Top Review by ngrimsley
It was a good recipe but the use of "seasoned" bread crumbs" overtook the entire taste of the Marsala. I love Marsala but could barely taste it in this recipe. It made a beautiful presentation, but I would have loved it had I been able to taste the wine more.
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 center cut boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch long green onion, chopped
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix the parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and thyme.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and the milk together.
- Dredge the chops in the egg then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry the chops in the oil and butter until done, around 5 minutes on each side.
- Set the chops aside and keep warm while making the sauce.
- Sauté the chopped onions and mushrooms for 3 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the flour then add the Marsala and beef stock.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Plate the Pork Chops Marsala and top with the mushroom sauce and garnish with parsley.