Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious! That's about all I can say.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops, bone-in, 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Heat oil in large skillet, medium high heat.
- Rub salt into chops, then cook for 2 minutes on each side, just to seal the salt in, and to brown the chops slightly.
- Lower heat to low, cook chops, covered for 5 minutes longer, then remove from skillet. Keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, undrained, oil, garlic, sugra and the three spices to skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium high heat.
- Reduce to medium, cook until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce into blender / food processor, process only long enough to break up the tomatoes.
- Return to skillet, add pork chops, heat until chops are heated through again, about 5 minutes.
I have this same recipe and love making this. I only use 1tsp of basil and 1tsp of thyme rather then the dried parsley.This is good served with a side of pasta. Thanks for posting.