Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the way to make delicious very low calories and very low carbohydrates and very low fat pork chops.
- 2 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes or 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Coat pork chops with the mustard.
- In a shallow bowl, combine crushed corn flakes and the seasonings.
- Dredge pork chops in the crushed corn flakes mixture.
- Place pork chops on a wire rack and set rack on top of a sheet pan.
- Place under the broiler and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
This was good, a change to the normal task of pork chops. The mustard really gave it favor. Great the next day, husband loved them. I did bake them for around 20 minutes because I found them to thick for the broiler, and they were starting to burn. Will make again. Thanks for Sharing Alan.
Made this for DH for Sunday dinner, he loved it, cooked perfectly and nice and crunchy on the outside. The chop was boneless and over an inch think, so i cooked it a bit differently. I roasted it at 350f degrees for about 30 minutes, then put the broiler on for about 5 minutes. He said the seasonings were wonderful, I would make this again, thanks for posting.
Tasty. Enjoyed the mustard flavor with the other seasonings. I also baked for 30 minutes after broiling. Good alternative to breaded and fried chops.