Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A pork chop covered in a wonderful wine sauce.
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped quartered mushroom (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon rinsed and drained capers
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 large plum tomatoes, blanched,peeled,seeded,and finely chopped (can substitute with a small can of chopped tomatoes)
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange chops on rack and broil 6 inches from heat.
- Brown chops five minutes on each side.
- While chops are broiling, prepare sauce.
- In a 9 inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add onions, mushrooms, pepper, and garlic and cok over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook until peppers are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Mix together wine and mustard.
- Stir into skillet.
- Add capers and Italian seasoning.
- Cook mixture until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in tomatoes.
- Add pork chops to skillet and turn to coat.
- Cover and let simmer for flavors to blend, about 5 minutes.