Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a simple and tasty pork dish suitable for a family meal or dinner party.
Top Review by Lorac
Joy of cooking! I loved making this dish. The bright red and green peppers rings mixed with white mushrooms slices and garlic looked as wonderfull as it smelled. Now top that with nicely browned pork chops, fresh red tomatoes, some white wine, cover and sit back with a glass of wine while dinner cooks! Now, Miss Annie, I have to confess that I had to make it twice. The first time I doubled the peppers, tomatoes and wine and let it cook for an hour because DH was late - pork chop soup! It was a 4 star, inspite of my mistakes!
- 4 lean pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into rings
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chops and wipe dry.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter or oil to large skillet.
- Brown chops, about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- Drain fat from skillet and add 1/2 Tbsp.
- oil or butter to skillet.
- Add red pepper, green pepper, mushroom caps, and garlic to skillet.
- Saute about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return pork chops to skillet and place them on top of mushrooms and peppers.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put tomatoes on top of chops.
- Pour wine over mixture.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 35-40 minutes, until chops are done.
- Serve each chop topped with wine sauce and a garnish of the cooked vegetables.