Miss Annie's Note:
This is a simple and tasty pork dish suitable for a family meal or dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lean pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into rings
- 3/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,and quartered
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1Rinse chops and wipe dry.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon butter or oil to large skillet.
- 3Brown chops, about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- 4Remove chops and set aside.
- 5Drain fat from skillet and add 1/2 Tbsp.
- 6oil or butter to skillet.
- 7Add red pepper, green pepper, mushroom caps, and garlic to skillet.
- 8Saute about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 9Return pork chops to skillet and place them on top of mushrooms and peppers.
- 10Add salt and pepper.
- 11Put tomatoes on top of chops.
- 12Pour wine over mixture.
- 13Cover skillet and simmer for 35-40 minutes, until chops are done.
- 14Serve each chop topped with wine sauce and a garnish of the cooked vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops In White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 1270.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 26.2 g