Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple and tasty pork dish suitable for a family meal or dinner party.
Make and share this Pork Chops In White Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lean pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into rings
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- Rinse chops and wipe dry.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter or oil to large skillet.
- Brown chops, about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- Drain fat from skillet and add 1/2 Tbsp.
- oil or butter to skillet.
- Add red pepper, green pepper, mushroom caps, and garlic to skillet.
- Saute about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return pork chops to skillet and place them on top of mushrooms and peppers.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put tomatoes on top of chops.
- Pour wine over mixture.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 35-40 minutes, until chops are done.
- Serve each chop topped with wine sauce and a garnish of the cooked vegetables.