Recipe by lea_petra
The original recipe was for pork tenderloins, If you use them, increase the cooking time by an hour. My son thought these were the best ever, and he hates onions.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Tender and gourmet tasting! I used mango jam but will try a berry variety next time. I used only 1 lb. of pork loin (lower fat than chops) and kept the rest of the ingredients the same, which was perfect. I used some cornstarch paste to thicken the sauce at the end. Since I sliced the pork loin it was done after 30 minutes in the oven. I wasn't sure when to add the jam, brown sugar and balsamic so did put them over the meat in the oven but they could also be added when making the sauce at the end. The tea is something different but this recipe would be equally good without it.
- 2 lbs pork chops
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 black tea bag
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup jam, your choice of fruit
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Rub the chops with pepper, garlic powder, and dill.
- Heat oil in an oven proof skillet, add the pork and brown on all sides.
- Cut open the tea bag (or just use the same amount of loose tea).
- Add the onions, tea and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove pork from oven, Remove the pork chops and onions from pan. Cover the pork, to keep warm.
- Heat the liquid, bring to a boil, and reduce to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.