Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Pork Chops in Tangy Fire-Roasted Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pork chops (each about an inch thick)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 28 ounces can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Season the pork chops with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sear them in the hot pan until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chops to a plate and cover them with foil.
- To the same pan the chops were cooked in, add the garlic and scallions. Cook until the scallions begin to get tender, 3-4 minutes.
- To the pan with the scallions, add the vinegar, brown sugar and tomatoes. Bring the sauce up to a bubble and add the pork chops back inches Finish cooking the pork chops in the sauce, 3-4 minutes. (If your chops are really thick, cover the pan with a lid or a piece of aluminum foil.).