Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tender pork chops in a wonderful sauce. Great served with rice or sweet potatoes.
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 158.51 ml peach jam or 158.51 ml peach preserves
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Grease a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the chops.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl stir together the jam, ginger, wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour this mixture over the chops and let them marinate for 1 hour.
- During this time, turn them once and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Cover the baking dish and bake the chops, in marinade for 25 minutes.
Both DH and I rated this a 3-1/2 star recipe when we first ate this. We served it over white rice. I was hoping to taste more of the peach in the sauce, but the Ginger was WAY overpowering. I will make this again b/c I think the sauce just needs some tweaking. Also, I couldn't find Peach Jam so I did use the Preserve. However, it was very chuncky so I pureed it with my hand held mixer. I took a picture so I'll post it to this recipe. ~~Edited~~ I ate the leftovers a few days later and **WOW**, what a difference a couple days make. The strong ginger taste was barely there. The peachiness came out moreso and the pork tasted even more tender. This is a keeper and I will definately make the sauce days ahead of time, keep it refridgerated and when I'm ready to cook this, I can just pour it over my chops and marinate for 12 hours or so. Wonderful leftover! Thanks!