1 hr 20 mins
Good Housekeeping, 1973. I've stream-lined the directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 1/2 hours before serving, coat pork chops in about 2 tablespoons flour.
- 2In a 1-12 inch skillet, greased with some of the pork chop fat rubbed over it, add the chops and cook until well browned on both sides.
- 3In a cup, stir tne orange juice and remaining ingrediets EXCEPT for the orange slices and the 1 tablespoons flour; and pour over the chops in the pan; heat until boiling and then reduce to low heat. Cover and simmer about 50 minutes or until fork tender, turning chops occasionally.
- 4Add the orange slices during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- 5When chops are done, remove to a warm platter.
- 6Pour the liquid from the skillet into a 1 cup measure; remove fat from liquid and discard cloves. Add water to liquid until it reaches a full 1 cup if necessary.
- 7Return this liquid to the skillet.
- 8In a cup, blend 1 tablespoon flour and 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth, gradually stir this into the liquid in the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened. Serve with the chops.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops in Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 68.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: