Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good Housekeeping, 1973. I've stream-lined the directions.
Make and share this Pork Chops in Orange Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1/2 hours before serving, coat pork chops in about 2 tablespoons flour.
- In a 1-12 inch skillet, greased with some of the pork chop fat rubbed over it, add the chops and cook until well browned on both sides.
- In a cup, stir tne orange juice and remaining ingrediets EXCEPT for the orange slices and the 1 tablespoons flour; and pour over the chops in the pan; heat until boiling and then reduce to low heat. Cover and simmer about 50 minutes or until fork tender, turning chops occasionally.
- Add the orange slices during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- When chops are done, remove to a warm platter.
- Pour the liquid from the skillet into a 1 cup measure; remove fat from liquid and discard cloves. Add water to liquid until it reaches a full 1 cup if necessary.
- Return this liquid to the skillet.
- In a cup, blend 1 tablespoon flour and 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth, gradually stir this into the liquid in the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened. Serve with the chops.