Recipe by Tina Klein
North Carolina State Fair 1998 pork chop bake off 3rd place
Top Review by bikelap9
We had this last night (and I am having the left overs for lunch today) and what a great and different way for pork. We loved the citrus flavors (2 1/2 year old son included). The dish is just real pretty to serve as well. Will be making this over and over again...thanks for posting!!
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks (save juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 unpeeled orange, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and paprika.
- Melt margarine in skillet, on medium heat; brown pork chops in margarine.
- Remove from skillet.
- Stir flour, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, ginger, and sugar into margarine mixture in skillet; mix until smooth.
- Add orange juice, water, and pineapple juice slowly; bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add hot sauce and pork chops; cover, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add orange slices; cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes longer.
- serve over rice.
- Spread pineapple chunks over pork chops and remaining sauce.