Recipe by PaulaG
These are tender with a rich glaze and tartness that goes well over fragrant rice.
Top Review by SusieQusie
Nice change from my usual pork chop dishes! I doubled the recipe & added a teaspoon of red pepper flakes since we enjoy sweet/hot flavors. Served over jasmine rice as suggested, this was a hit at my dinner table. Thanks for posting!
- 4 center-cut pork chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 4 -5 dried apricot halves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 orange, sliced
- cooked jasmine rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash pork chops and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and add pork chops.
- Brown well, turning once or twice.
- While meat is browning, mix together remaining ingredients.
- Transfer meat to the crockpot.
- Pour the orange juice mixture into the skillet and stir quickly to deglaze pan.
- Continue to stir until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Pour mixture over meat, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove pork chops from broth, cut orange slices to the center, twist and arrange a slice on each of the chops.
- Serve on a bed of jasmine rice.