Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, simple and fast. Scalloped potatoes go very well with these chops.
Make and share this Pork Chops in Onion Sauce (Schweinekotelett in Zwiebelsosse) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions or 4 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beer (drink left over beer)
- 1⁄2 cup hot beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Season chops with salt and pepper; coat with flour.
- Heat oil, add chops, fry each side 3 minutes.
- Add onions, cook 5 minutes turning chops once.
- Pour in beer and broth.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove chops to a 350 degree preheated oven.
- Season sauce to taste.
- Blend cornstarch with small amount of water, stir into sauce, cook until thick and bubbly.
- Pour over pork chops and serve.
Delicious. DH and I both rated this a thumbs up, 5 star, A+, etc. Used coarse ground black pepper and a little garlic powder and it couldn't have been better.
Excellent taste, especially the onion sauce. I will definitely make this receipe again.
This dish was excellent. The sauce turned out wonderful and was an excellent choice for the pork chops !