Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pork chops with a great onion sauce.
Make and share this Pork Chops in Onion sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Season pork chops with salt& pepper; coat with flour.
- heat oil in a heavy saucepan.
- fry pork chops in oil, 3 mins.
- on each side, Add onions, cook for another 5 minutes turning once.
- Pour in wine& beef broth, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with a little bit of cold water, add to broth mixture and cook until thick& bubbly.
- Pour over pork chops and serve with rice.
Wow!! I was leary about using red wine and beef broth for a pork recipe, but it was awesome!!!! The pork chops were tender and with the sauce they were sooooo good. I thought it wouldn't taste this good, but these were awesome. I followed the directions except for I used olive oil and I cooked it a little longer for the onions to cook, but end result was excellent. Next time I would brown the chops, remove them while I saute the onions, and then add them back with the broth and wine. I will definitely make this again. Thank you ambassador for a great recipe.
Delicious tender chops and ones we will have again. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans it was a meal fit for a... ME! Thanks! Tony
These were so good. The pork chops came out really tender, but mine were thicker, so I cooked them a little longer than stated. The sauce came out perfect. I did not need to thicken with cornstarch as it was thick enough.