Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tender juicy pork chop dish. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and you have real comfort food! This gravy can be used with other meats as well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 dash gravy browning sauce
- Lightly salt and pepper chops.
- Brown pork chops in olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until soft, being careful not to burn.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together flour, chicken broth and browning sauce.
- Add to skillet, stirring well.
- Cover and cook over low heat 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Taste gravy and add additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
This was great! The pork chops turned out tender and juicy. I didn't have any browning sauce so I used beef boullion and ended up with a dark, rich, delicious gravy. Definately a keeper.
Very easy, and lighter than I expected. Nice that it's all in one skillet.
I made this recipe exactly as posted and it was tender & delicious - an easy weeknight meal! This is definitely comfort food and my husband loved the extra gravy. Thanks, Marie!