Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't eat pork chops to often, but when I do, I like to cook them in onion gravy because they taste so goood.
- 4 pork chops (1 and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and black pepper, coat evenly with flour, of course shaking off excess.
- Cook pork chops in hot oil over medium- high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add sliced onions and cook for 5 minutes, turning pork chops over.
- Add beef broth, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pork chops only leaving onions in skillet.
- Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoon water.
- When well mixed together, stir in onion mixture.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring rapidly until gravy is thickened Spoon over pork chops and serve.
Wow!! I'm an experienced cook & I read all reviews before making this. I had bone in chops, I did not measure the flour to coat the chops but I did keep it light. I cooked chops until browned well (much longer than 3 mins per side.) I doubled the beef broth (used bouillon cubes) & doubled the cornstarch & COLD water mixture. I'm not a huge gravy fan but always want to have enough gravy/sauce. I LOVED THIS GRAVY!!! I made mashed potatoes, southern green beans & took another reviewer's idea & made biscuts. I could not get enough of the gravy! I put some over our dogs food & they lost their minds lol. There are no leftovers & the house smells incredible still. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe & for your accuracy!
Beautiful and flavorful gravy! Definitely double or even triple the gravy if you plan on serving over rice or mashed potatoes :)
I have been using this recipe for years. This is a quick and easy recipe and the pork chops come out so tender and the gravy is to die for. My hubby and I love using bread to clean our plates for the rest of the gravy. I also like to treat myself to just bread with this amazing gravy. Thanks for post such an awesome recipe that is used in our household!