1/1 Photo of Pork Chops in Mustard Sauce
I adopted this recipe and prepared these with rice and veggies for complete meal. We loved the flavor of the sauce, and found that it didn't need the pinch of sugar. In the future, we would add some chicken broth with the beer to make more sauce for our rice, noodles or other side dishes. The original chef wrote: "I found the recipe years ago in one of my cookbooks. The original requires equal parts of sherry and chicken stock. Since I had neither and love the taste of beer when cooking pork, I just added it instead plus a pinch of sugar. YUMM"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1melt butter in a pan and saute onion.
- 2set onions aside.
- 3mix flour, salt and pepper and cover the meat with it.
- 4brown the meat and add the onion and beer.
- 5leave to simmer covered for 30min.
- 6put meat on a plate and stir mustard and sugar into the sauce.
- 7pour over the chops and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops in Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.5 mg
- Sodium 249.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 42.5 g