1/1 Photo of Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
Amy - Ellie's Mommie's Note:
I came up with this recipe because mom likes "soup food", and I get bored with it. Opened the cupboard and fridge and thought blue cheese and nutmeg sounded like they might work together. It sounds weird, but it tastes really good! The blue cheese adds just a little bit of tanginess to contrast with the sweetness from the nutmeg and garam masla (I used a store bought blend from McCormick - how authentic, who knows, but it tastes good!). I also used a cast iron skillet, which browns the meat very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 thick pork chops, bone in is best
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 jar of baby white pearl onion
- 1/2 pint sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Slice mushrooms.
- 2On med-high heat, saute in 2 Tbls.
- 3butter until cooked through.
- 4As mushrooms are cooking, season both sides of the pork chops with the spices evenly and rub the spices into the chop.
- 5Remove the cooked mushrooms from the pan.
- 6Add the second 2 Tbls.
- 7butter and allow to melt, but not smoke.
- 8On med-high heat, brown chops well on both sides.
- 9Remove from pan; reduce heat to medium.
- 10Add cream of mushroom soup and the jar of baby pearl onions WITH the juice to the pan.
- 11Stir well, scraping the fond (little brown bits) off the bottom of the pan.
- 12Stir in the cooked mushrooms and blue cheese.
- 13Continue stirring until the cheese in melted and thoroughly incorporated.
- 14Add chops back to pan and simmer in sauce for 20 minutes.
- 15Serve with noodles or rice and a vegetable.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.7
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 1394.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white pearl onions