Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, beat egg and water.
- Dip pork chops in egg mixture.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil.
- Transfer to greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix the soups together and pour over then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
To keep from heating the house up with the oven, I cooked these in my pressure cooker for 25 minutes, (with 1/2 cup water added to make steam). They were fanastic!! They were fall apart tender, and the sauce that this makes is excellent!! I would have never thought of using these two soups together, but WOW!! This is really a great recipe!!
I actually had everything on hand to make this. It was great~there were unfortunately no leftovers. Next time I'm going to double the soup to have extra gravy on hand. I served this with mashed potatoes and it was a good combination. Thanks for a great recipe Dana!!
this recipe for pork chops was one of the best I have ever had!!! It was very easy to make and soooo tender, and the gravy was just delicious!! Served it with fresh butterbeans, biscuits, and mashed potatoes with the gravy over top. Absolutely wonderful!! Thanks for posting!