Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wanted pork chops for dinner.Had some cider in the fridge.Decided to try this.
- 2 center-cut pork chops, at least 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 mcintosh apple, chopped (peeled if desired)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄8 thyme
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Saute pork chops in margarine until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- In drippings cook onion& apple until tender.
- Return chops to pan.
- Add rubbed sage, thyme,vegtable broth& cider.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer about 30 minutes or until chops are tender.
- Remove pork chops& onion apple mixture.
- Mix flour with the milk.
- Add milk mixture to pan heat till warmed& slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over chops.