Recipe by papergoddess
Very good recipe from an old 1976 Better Homes and Gardens Crockpot Cookbook. Posted in reply to a request.
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4.92 ml instant chicken bouillon granules
- 340.19 g beer (1 1/2 cups)
- 1.23 ml crushed thyme leaves
- 78.07 ml cold water
- 44.37 ml flour
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper pork chops; sear over high heat until browned.
- Place chops in crockpot; lay sliced onions over pork chops.
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in beer; stir in thyme leaves; pour over pork chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 8-10 hours.
- For Gravy: Skim fat from cooking liquid; place cooking liquid in a saucepan.
- In a jar or gravy shaker, combine cold water with flour.
- Whisk into cooking liquid, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil; boil 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.