Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very good recipe from an old 1976 Better Homes and Gardens Crockpot Cookbook. Posted in reply to a request.
- Salt and pepper pork chops; sear over high heat until browned.
- Place chops in crockpot; lay sliced onions over pork chops.
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in beer; stir in thyme leaves; pour over pork chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 8-10 hours.
- For Gravy: Skim fat from cooking liquid; place cooking liquid in a saucepan.
- In a jar or gravy shaker, combine cold water with flour.
- Whisk into cooking liquid, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil; boil 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
The beer really gives this an interesting, delicious flavor. I served it with egg noodles and my family enjoyed it very much! I will definitely make it again.
I used boneless chops so it got done faster than 8-10 hours. Very good. I used red onions and they turned out wonderful too. Big hit with the family. The only negative thing is that the cooked beer really smells bad. Doesn't taste bad just smells bad!My 10 year old wasn't going to eat it b/c of the smell but I convinced her it tasted great. She tried it and agreed, but said it still smelled bad!!HAHA