Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very good recipe from an old 1976 Better Homes and Gardens Crockpot Cookbook. Posted in reply to a request.
- Salt and pepper pork chops; sear over high heat until browned.
- Place chops in crockpot; lay sliced onions over pork chops.
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in beer; stir in thyme leaves; pour over pork chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 8-10 hours.
- For Gravy: Skim fat from cooking liquid; place cooking liquid in a saucepan.
- In a jar or gravy shaker, combine cold water with flour.
- Whisk into cooking liquid, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil; boil 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.