Recipe by carole in orlando
A recipe I found years ago in the Orlando Sentinel. It has been a favorite and I didn't "mess" with the recipe. It gives a new twist to baked beans and with a salad or coleslaw it's a meal.
Top Review by rowhen
My husband doesn't care for pork chops or baked beans(it might be my cooking!!) but this he loved!! Thanks for sharing this recipe--it is going to be a regular around here. Ramona--Silverhill, Al.
- 28 ounces vegetarian baked beans (I like Bush's brand)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mustard (either dijon or yellow according to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or more)
- 4 pork chops, boneless and about 1 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and combine all ingredients, except the pork chops, in a 9x9 baking dish. Mix well. You may drain off some of the juice from the beans, but I like it. Lay the pork chops on top, turning once to cover the chops with the juice from the beans. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until the beans are bubbly and the pork chops are done.