Prep1 hr 10 mins
Adobo sauce is used for pickling meats In this recipe it is diluted with the tomatoe sauce and gives a delicious flavor to the porkchops
- 3 dried ancho peppers, stem & seeds removed (you can substitute 3 tbsp chili powder but not as good)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pork loin chops, 1/2 " thick and trimmed of fat
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- radish, roses (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- After cleaning the ancho peppers cut them into small pieces (use scissors) and pour boiling water over them and soak for 1 hour or until they are pliable Adobo Sauce: In a blender or food processor place the onion, tomatoe sauce, vinegar, flour, oregano, cumin, garlic and adobo peppers (or chili), season with a bit of salt and process until smooth Pour the sauce in a skillet.
- Place chops in the sauce, turn over to coat the chops.
- Simmer covered for apprx 45 minutes or until the chops are tender.
- If using garnish arrand the chops on a platter on lettuce lettuce leaves and decorate with sliced avacado, radish roses and a bit of sour cream.
I've used this recipe as written many times and just keeps tasting better. Watch simmer temp or sauce dries up, otherwise excellent tasting pork. Note: would also use with bone in chicken - next time?