Recipe by KLBoyle
This dish can be made with either sweet or dry vermouth but I prefer sweet.
Top Review by teresas
Loved this! I would suggest that you put the chops in a warm oven while preparing the mushrooms. Our chops were on the cold side but the flavor was wonderful. The cheese was melted and the vermouth mushroom mixture was just delicious. I used the sweet vermouth and think next time I'll try the dry just to see the differences. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting. :)
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vermouth, divided in half
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme in a shallow pan. Dredge pork chops in flour.
- Add butter and oil in pan and heat over med-high. Brown pork chops on both sides, about 4 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup vermouth, cover, lower heat and cook until chops are cooked through, about 4 more minute.
- Remove pork chops to platter, top with swiss chesse and cover to keep warm and melt cheese.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook over med-high heat until softened.
- Add remaining vermouth and scrape off brown bits from pan. Cook until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Spoon sauce over pork chops and serve.