Recipe by Marie
These are fork tender pork chops in the most amazing mustard cream sauce. Company worthy dinner recipe. Wonderful served with rice.
Top Review by PaulaG
I made some adjustments based on the other reviews. I too found that 1/4 cup liquid initially was not enough so I doubled up. Used only 4 center cut pork chops instead of the 6 and instead of a creamy sauce, I made a brown sauce by omitting the cream and using water. There was just enough sauce for the 4 chops. Both DH and I enjoyed them.
- 6 pork chops (1" thick)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash red cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper pork chops and dredge in 2 tablespoons flour.
- Heat butter in large skillet and brown chops well.
- Add wine and lemon juice and simmer, covered for 45 to 50 minutes until very tender.
- Remove chops to serving platter.
- In same skillet, stir 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour into drippings until smooth.
- Stir in cream, mustard and red pepper.
- Simmer, stirring for 1 minute.
- Serve pork chops with sauce.