Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Pork Chops are very tender and great served with rice or noodles.
- 6 center-cut pork chops (all fat removed)
- 1 cup Coke (or any cola soda)
- 1 cup ketchup (Heinz Kick Ketchup with Zesty Garlic is good)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (I used chopped from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Place pork chops in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Mix Coke, ketchup, onion, garlic and Italian Seasoning in a bowl; pour over chops making sure chops are covered evenly.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven uncovered for 1 hour turning 3 or 4 times.
- Cover with foil and bake for another hour.
This was very easy to make. I used diet coke instead or normal coke (as I had a can in the fridge and I don't drink diet) and also added some sliced mushrooms. I cooked it uncovered for the entire time to try and thicken the sauce but still ended up adding a little cornflour at the end. It had a nice flavour but just a little too rich for us.
They came out very tender and I liked the sauce alot, but my family wasn't as crazy about them as I was. I made them in a 8x11 pan and cooked for an hour before I covered for the last half hour. The chops were very tender and not dry at all when I used the smaller pan. Clean up can be a little sticky
Nice flavours in this dish, I checked the chops a half an hour before the 2nd hour of cooking, glad I did as they were starting to dry out. Will make again.