Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
THIS IS COMFORT FOOD! This is a easy weeknight dish. I serve it with a garden salad and some hot yeasty rolls, with butter.
- 4 pork chops, bone in
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 3 -4 new potatoes, sliced thin across
- 3 -4 carrots, sliced thin on diagonal
- 1 cup green peas, divided
- 10 1⁄2 ounces fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Lay out 4 large heavy duty foil squares, large size foil.
- Divide onion and potatoes evenly between squares. Onions on bottom keep potatoes from sticking to the foil.
- Season each chop with salt and pepper and place 1 chop on top of onion and potatoes on each square.
- Divide carrots and peas equally onto each chop.
- Mix soup and milk and divide equally, pouring over peas and carrots.
- Season lightly again with salt and pepper.
- Pull up corners and seal foil tightly.
- Place in 375 degree oven for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender, and chops are done.
- Remove from oven and rest 10 minutes.
- Pour each bundle onto plate or pasta bowl and serve.
After reading previous review, I browned chops. I used a meat thermometer and had them in oven for 65 minutes. I followed the recipe for assembling. Next time I would use fewer potatoes and peas. Feel that it needs something to add more flavor but not sure what. Thank you Steak&Taters for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
This recipe should be a 5 star, but because my center cut thin chops came out raw I just can't rate it that high. I cooked them for 45 minutes at 375 as suggested and let them rest 10 minutes. Next time I'll brown my pork chops before making the bundles. All the veggies were cooked to prefection. Nice and tender and had a great flavor. I'll make these again for sure. Made for Spring PAC 2012