Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Make and share this Pork Chops & French Fried Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 6 potatoes, thinly sliced, divided, about 5 cups
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- 1 (2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red-hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 12x8 inch baking dish, layer half of potatoes and 1/2 can French fried onions. Top with mushrooms and remaining potatoes.
- In another pan, melt butter; stir in soy sauce, mustard, cayenne pepper sauce and garlic powder. Brush half of soy sauce mixture over potatoes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Brown pork chops; drain. Arrange chops over potatoes and brush with remaining soy sauce mixture. Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes or until chops and potatoes are done. Top chops with remaining onions; bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown.
Very nice. The only thing is that the chops came out a bit dry, so next time I will marinate them in the sauce. Thanks!
This was very good. The whole family enjoyed it. Instead of slicing my own potatoes, I took a shortcut and bought two bags of Simply Potatoes. Served it with some green beans and hot apples and it was a hit!
For just 2 of us, I made half this recipe in a 9" glass pie plate I sprayed w/PAM & subbed Tobasco for the cayenne pepper sauce. This is an easy fix & makes a complete meal when served w/a green salad. I worried it might be dry w/an extended cook time, but it was moist, tasty & certainly not in need of the so over-used can of cream soup. Thx for sharing this keeper w/us.