Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Favorite Recipes of Our First Ladies, 1971. This was submitted by Mrs. Christopher Bond of Missouri. In reading this, I would add garlic powder to the chops and to the spinach.
- Brown the chops in a skillet without adding any oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then add the water. Cover and simmer till tender.
- Chop the spinach and mix with the onion and mix.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, butter and milk and add it to the noodles.
- Spread spinach over the bottom of a casserole, pour noodles over that and arrange the chops on top of the noodles.
- Pour pan gravy over all.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
This was great! I was a bit skeptical at first but the kids even loved it! We will be adding this to our rotation!